Monday, November 5, 2012

94: Juayùa 2

Well, hello family!  First off, I am getting bombarded from all sides with information about going home.  I just got my itinerary.  I STILL HAVE TWO MONTHS LEFT.  I have no idea why they send that so soon.  I don't want it yet.  Puchica.

 

So this week has been the most sleep deprived week of my whole mission.  Seriously, it was rough.

 

Monday I took numbers.  I had to take all the goals and stuff, and the DLs took forever, so I got to bed at 12:30.  Woke upat 6:30.

 

Tuesday I went on interchanges to Las Colinas.  Man, we seriously climbed straight up a mountain.  It was kind of rough.  I was with Elder Dzul, a little Mexican.  We were seriously hiking in the middle of nowhere for 2 hours.  It was not very efficient.  But...I'm not gonna lie, the view as beautiful.  Seriously, this country is so beautiful.  Everything is so green.  Also, we got to one part of the trail when Elder Dzul turned around and told me to pick up a stick and walk fast, and no matter what happened, do not stop.  Man, that was really weird.  Then he, well, despite that, we still got a lot done that day.  We put a date, and found some cool news.  

 

Wednesday we had our zone meeting.  It was good.  We talked about miracles and faith, and really helped our zone get more pumped up and have more faith.  A lot of people told me they liked the meeting after, so I just hope it helps them.  We got to bed at 11:30 that night, and had to get up at 4:30 to catch the bus to Santa Ana. Thursday morning we had the monthly leaders' meeting with President and the other zone leaders.  It was sweet.  President told us his own conversion story.  Man, that guy is amazing.  I respect him and look up to him a lot.

 

Elder Larson says hi.

 

On Friday, we went to the temple, so we got to bed at 11 and woke up again at 4:30to invite people to the temple.  It was an excursion to bring investigators to the temple.  There we gave them a tour, and President taught them a little bit in the chapel next to the temple.  I sang a special number with some other missionaries, Mas Cerca Dios de Ti [Nearer My God to Thee], which was cool.  The investigators loved it.  Just talking to them on the bus ride home, I put 3 baptismal dates, which was way cool.  Sweet!  It was kind of stressful planning everything, but it all turned out all right in the end.

 

Friday night I got to bed at 11 and woke upat 6:30.  I finally got sleep.  That was way hard.  My comp and I were so sleep deprived.  Friday night we got to our last appointment with our recent converts, and Elder Martillo just fell into a coma on their couch.  We didn't end up teaching them, I knew how he felt and didn't want to wake him.  It was really rough.

 

So that's the week in a nutshell.  Juayùa is awesome.  It's the safest area in the mission.  We have the main park in our area.  Saturday night we passed by at 9 as we returned to the house.  There were children playing, a movie in the park.  It was so cool.  I have not seen that my whole mission. Usually everyone is in their houses by 8:30.  SO COOL.

 

Alright.  Well, I hope everything is going well back home.

 

Take care, 

Elder Bailey

No comments:

Post a Comment