Monday, April 23, 2012

67: Sonsonate 4

Hey there.

So first of all, I just want to let you know that W. got baptized. I'm pretty sure I told you about him a couple weeks ago. He was the guy who contacted me in Santa Ana and said he wanted to be a missionary. So we told him to come to church the next day, he came, and we put a date with him. Well, because of all the changes, he didn't get baptized, but now the missionaries in the office have finally dipped him in the water. I thought that was pretty awesome. I'm definitely counting him as my convert.

Well, this week has been busy. We've been working our butts off. We've been contacting and teaching like crazy. We found a lot of news, and a bunch said that they would go to church, but then most didn't. Well...that was a little disappointing. But I'm doing my job, and I know the Lord will recompensar [reward].

On Thursday, we had a visit from Elder Alvarado, the assistant. He came to put a date with Hermana D. We had a freakin' sweet awesome lesson. I know, that is really descriptive. Seriously, he has a gift for teaching. That lesson was so spiritual. She received a very, very strong confirmation that these things are true. But Hermana D. is scared—more than anything, of her family. You see, the thing is that her mom is the founder of an apostate evangelic church, and all of her siblings are members. Moreover, this church and her family are just across the street. So that's the biggest problem there. Well, she is really close. We are really pushing for her to get baptized this Friday. If not, we're going to have to drop her, so I'm praying hard! That really was an awesome lesson that we had with her. Man, I felt the spirit so strongly.

Man, this is tiring work. Every day we return home from working just dead tired. Planning gets hard sometimes. I really want to get some good results out of this area, so we are pushing hard to find news, bring them to church, and baptize them!

This week I also had the opportunity to have an interview with President. It was very good. President is so awesome. I really respect him a lot. And, not gonna lie, he's probably going to be one of the Seventy one day.

On Saturday, we had a service project with the stake. We got to paint and clean up an old school in the area CastaƱo. I got to paint. I always have fun with that, even though I'm not the greatest artist. My pants are very colorful now. Woot! I love service. I want to do it more often. It's so much fun and you feel so good.

So this week has been good. We're working hard out here in America. Studying, reading, teaching, all that. Hope everything is going well back home. Remember to always read the scriptures and pray. Joseph, if you haven't read all the BOM and the New Testament yet, you'd better do it. It will help so much.

Well the Church is true. Continue studying the scriptures. It doesn't matter how old you are or how many times you've read it, there's still more to learn, and more that God can reveal to you (I've gotten pretty good at giving advice like that). Have a lot of faith in the Lord and in his promises. Work things out if you're not happy. If you have trials, face them with a smile. It's as Elder Beaton once told me: "If you're not happy, you're doing something wrong."

Amen to that.

Elder Bailey

No comments:

Post a Comment