Wednesday, July 18, 2012

79: Sonsonate 16

Hello,

This week we had a baptism.  Her name is N.  We found her contacting.  She's a single mom who lives with her daughter and her mom and father-in-law.  N. is cool.  She really was just ready for the Gospel.  She loves the BOM, and is already halfway through 2 Nephi (she started about 2 weeks ago).  The baptism went really well.

On Saturday, I went on interchanges with Sonsonate.  It was a good day.  We found a family and brought them to church the next day.  Then during the second hour in church, I put a date.  Unfortunately, I couldn't put the date until the 18th of August because the wife is having cancer treatment and stuff, but it's way cool.  I also got to do 2 baptismal interviews with them.  It's interesting—half the baptisms in their area I put the dates and helped make them happen.  The other half I sent the zone leaders over to do it.  It's really cool being a district leader.  You get to help make things happen.  My district is doing really well.

This week in my area it's been hard.  A lot of people closed doors on us.  I'm on round 2 of contacting houses in my area.  You still find new people because you contact in different times of day, but it's been hard.  

But in all, it's going well.  I love the mission and love being a missionary.

Hope everything is well back home. 


Take care,
Elder Bailey

Check it out, we had a bat in our house.  But we caught it, don't worry.  Look at its face...ugly isn't it.  There's my comp trying to knock it out of the air with a broomstick.

No comments:

Post a Comment