Friday, March 9, 2012

61: Independencia 28

Dear family,

I'm writing you today from the stake center in Modelo. This week has been busy. We've been working hard in our area to find news, as most of our investigators were just not progressing, so we dropped 'em.

Yesterday we put on a ward missionary activity. I have pictures, but they're out in the car. Elder Beaton is on divisions today, so I'm driving because I'm the only other person who has his license.

The activity was called "Vive el Libro de Mormón" (BOM Live). We had each organization put on a special act from the Book of Mormon. It was good, everyone enjoyed it. The primary definitely was the most prepared...they had about a 30-minute act. Everyone really enjoyed it, but they were so busy trying to put all their acts together that they didn't actually bring any investigators. There were just three flirty girls who we're not actually going to teach, and a teenager who just wanted to play soccer. But it was a lot of fun, and I hope that we're going to be able to receive more referrals. The activity was sweet though.

Also, we found a scorpion in the house. My companion got kind of freaked out. He still checks his bed every time he goes to bed. But it was a big scorpion, and it was in his suitcase. Pretty intense.

I'll be leaving the office soon. It'll be good to get back in the thicket again.

This morning we played volleyball. Good times.

Alright, well, I hope I'll have more news for you next week.

Take care,

Elder Bailey

No comments:

Post a Comment