Saturday, February 18, 2012

58: Independencia 25

Well, we had a baptism!!! Yanira on Friday. Man, it was so cool. I got to baptize her. We got to the chapel early to fill up the baptismal font, then realized no one there had the keys [to the font]. So we went on a wild goose chase looking for them, then gave up and just climbed over the glass in the font to get in. But when we actually got into the room, the font was already filled. Apparently it didn't get drained from our last baptism, so I had to baptize Yanira in old dirty, mossy water. But don't tell anyone that; only Elder Ward and I have that knowledge.

Man, this week has been so hectic. It was changes week. Oh yeah, by the way, I'm still here in the office. I'll have 7 ½ months here. We got a new assistant, Elder Alvarado. He was my zone leader here in Modelo.

On Monday, I started the day with a dentist appointment, where he fixed the big gap I had in my back molars thanks to another not-so-good dentist. After that, I had to go find beds. We needed to buy a whole bunch of new beds for the office because we were getting a whole bunch of news [new elders], opening two new areas, having 12 people go home, and sending 8 to Belize. So my companion and I walked around centro until we found some stores, found the beds we wanted, got some prices, found another store, did the same. They gave us a discount, then we went to the other store and told them our discount, so they gave us an even better deal. Then we ordered the beds to receive them the following day.

After that, we had a special brunch with Hermana Cordón, salad and sloppy joes. Man, it was so good. Hermana Cordón is so cool. We all said goodbye to Elder Molina. Man, Elder Molina is one of the most amazing people. He is such a good teacher, and very humble. He's been an awesome assistant. I learned so much from him. So he left the office for Atiquizaya to train some dude from Toronto. A couple of nights before, we had a farewell meal with him at The Pampa. I had filét mignon steak wrapped in bacon. What could be better? I'm going to miss Elder Molina.

Back to Monday. So after, I went with Hermana Cordón to pay half for the beds.

Tuesday, we were up bright and early, taking the news [new elders] to the office. We bought a new house for the assistants, and had half the news sleep in their house, and the other half in ours. That day was just crazy. We were moving so many people in and out.

Wednesday I finished the history of the mission. Man that was a pain. I learned that you really can't procrastinate in real life. I was in the office until 8 working on it. After, I was so brain dead that I just went and ate pupusas.

Thursday was a good day. I got to study Jesus the Christ, an awesome book. We found a family of 7 and put an appointment with them for tomorrow. I'm stoked. They've got bills.

Friday is today. We started out going over to the stake center to play basketball. It was a lot of fun. We had a whole bunch of people here, and even though I'm terrible at that game, we all still enjoyed it. Good times. I want to do it next P-day too. After, we returned to our house. One of the new areas that was opened was Palmar II. President put two more missionaries in Palmar to help. They're living in our house right now. They're Elder Basham from Arizona and a Latin he's training from Guatemala. But Elder Basham is a way cool person and a really good missionary.

So once we got back, Elder Basham and I decided to cook breakfast for us four (Elder Maradiaga was gone with Elder Basham's companion doing immigration stuff). So we cooked up some pancakes and eggs, which seriously, were UNREAL. So good. We decided to start our own breakfast shop and call it:

BAILEY & BASHAM BREAKFAST
"It's Worth the Gristle"

The motto came in because as I was cooking the eggs, we had a little bit burnt to the pan. So instead of throwing it away, we mixed it in with the eggs. It actually gave a really good taste. So yeah, if you want breakfast in 20 years, you know where to find it. It was cool. We all sat at our dinner table, blessed it, and ate like a normal family would. Way cool.

Well, that's the week in a nutshell. Hope everyone's doing well back home!

Take care,
Elder Bailey

No comments:

Post a Comment