Saturday, February 4, 2012

56: Independencia 23

Well hey there. It's been another week. I'm still alive. I'm still working. Don't worry.

It's been a really good week. I've finally learned how to deal with the stress. It was a very simple answer, and I don't know why I didn't think of it before. I bought some ice cream. It really is amazing how great it is.

So this week we're going to have a baptism. We're going to baptize Jonathan tomorrow. He's sweet. He's the little brother of Mario D..., a youth member. Jonathan really is an awesome guy. I've put in a lot of effort to get him baptized, and I am so excited for tomorrow. I remember that we always visited Mario and his mom. They are less actives, and they're very, very weak. Mario not as much, but the rest of his family, they just don't get it. They're really poor. I remember I visited them all the time and they never really progressed much (the mom at least—Mario did). Then, during my last week with Elder Christner, I just asked Jonathan why he had never been baptized. He said it was because of insecurity. And I was like, "Wow, well let's baptize him."

So I started working with him with Elder Ward. It was really hard. There were a lot of obstacles to overcome with him. But it was good. I remember the second lesson I had with him. It was hard—very teary, but way good. Well, after that, he was very close to accepting baptism, but kept making excuses. I was getting very frustrated. But on an interchange with Elder Alvarado, we put the date. Then we had to teach him the commandments, which I thought would be a big problem, but he accepted every single one. He's a boy who really wants to change and be a good person. I am so excited for his baptism tomorrow.

We're also going to baptize a girl next week, her name's Yanira. She takes care of a newborn baby of two very faithful members, Victor and Delia S..., and lives in their house. She is a very timid person. It was hard at first to get her to open up, but then I figured out what kind of questions to ask her and what she liked to talk about, and then we were really able to get her to open up. She really likes feeling the spirit, so we were able to get her to commit to baptism based on that. It was way cool. I really like putting dates. It is such a cool feeling to be in a lesson and to just be lead. Honestly, with her and with Jonathan and some other lessons I have had lately, I have just been lead. I was able to figure out what they needed, and commit them to baptism. It's been a really awesome experience. I've gotten a lot better at teaching, and teaching with the spirit. It makes such a difference in the lesson if you invite it or not.

Yesterday I got to go with Elder Maradiaga and do a baptismal interview. It was cool. The guy's going to get baptized today, and he is awesome!

This week we've had a bunch of meetings. Two days ago we had the leaders' meeting, and I got to go to the ZL's meeting because they needed someone to take notes. It was really cool. President talked a lot about leadership, and I learned a lot; it was definitely one of my favorite meetings I've had here. He definitely gave it to the missionaries. We've not been doing so great as a mission, but I feel like it's going to go up after that. All of my district baptized in January, though! And I'm going to keep that going for as long as I'm DL.

After, I got to have an interview with the president. It was way cool. President is a genius. When dealing with administrative things, we always need to remember why we're doing it. That's the way we can make sure we're doing a good job. Also, he taught me a really cool lesson. A lot of people in this world look for happiness and excitement to feel good, and on that base their life. But they need to base it on faith. If they do that, whatever happens, they can still be happy, and still have a positive outlook. If they try to base their life only on feeling good and excitement, they're going to have a lot harder time dealing with hard things. President is so awesome. He also thanked me for being secretary, and said that I have done a very good job. He's just great.

So that was the week, in a nutshell.

Gracias por todo, les quiero, cuidense, ¡AdiĆ³s!

Elder Bailey

No comments:

Post a Comment