Sunday, October 16, 2011

40: Independencia 7

Hello!
Wow. This week has been changes week, so it's been hectic. It's been really long, but let's start with Saturday.
Saturday we had a ward service project. We went and cleaned up the street in front of the bishop's. We went and weeded it, dug a trench for the water, and things like that. It was a lot of fun. I really enjoyed just going out and getting my hands dirty, getting some blisters, etc. It was a good service project. I wanted to take pictures, but let's just say I don't trust leaving my camera around on that street. It's kind of iffy. But it looked really good after.
In the afternoon we had a ward missionary activity. We all went to a house and played games, had a spiritual thought, etc. Not many people came, and no one brought investigators but us, but it was really good for our investigators. We brought Julio, who came and did his fire show. It was sweet. He lit some chains on fire...and it was pure awesome. I'd show you some pictures, but I don't have my camera with me right now. Just know it was sweet. Julio is awesome. He really can do just about anything. He paints, hackeysacks, programs computers, plays guitar, tricks with fire, everything. Really, he reminds me of my brother.
Then after that, we went and contacted this girl named Diana and taught her and her mom. They are way positive, especially her. She works with a member, and has now been to some FHEs with that family. We taught her Wednesday too. Way positive. I think we can put a date with her soon. So it was a very good day. It feels like forever ago, but from what I remember, it was awesome.
Sunday was awesome. To be honest, I don't remember what happened.
Then we had changes. So I've been running around doing a lot all week. It's kind of interesting, because Monday we get the news [new elders]. Sweet, innocent, can't speak Spanish, high hopes. Then the next day those who go to Belize. Excited. After them, those who are leaving. They are always the most interesting group. They don't know what to do. They just kind of act like they're losing their identities. Some of them continue being missionaries like nothing is going to happen. Some of them realize they're going home the next day, and don't know what to do. They want to stay in the mission, but at the same time want to go home. It's very interesting. I don't like it. Make's me baggy.
Tuesday we had dinner with the president's family as his "thanks" to the office. It was excellent. We had pastel tres leche for dessert. That is probably one of the best desserts ever. Mom. You have to learn how to make it. It is so good. The president's family is awesome. At first, I was kind of afraid to talk to them and joke around... because they're the president's family. But they are actually really cool. Very chill.
Well, it's been busy. The office is rough. Keep busy. Not too much time in the field. It's kind of frustrating to not be able to help people. That's what I want. I have learned a ton from the president, and I've learned a lot about myself and having this responsibility. Being responsible, working with the president, living with 5 other crazy guys, ping pong on Pdays. It's good. I see it has something that was necessary for me. There were certain things I needed to learn there, and still need to learn. But that still doesn't change the fact that I can't work in the field as much. I just need to work more efficiently. Well, I'll learn.
My new zone is awesome. I have Elder Arbon as my zone leader again (he was my zone leader in Chalchuapa. And I have a lot of friends that I've made in other zones.
Well, go skiing. I saw there was snow. ¡Estoy celoso! [I'm jealous.] AYYYY.
AdiĆ²s,
Elder Bailey

No comments:

Post a Comment