Sunday, September 25, 2011

37: Independencia 4

Halo from El Salvador.

So this week has passed by very quickly.  It's been pretty sweet.  We have some sweet investigators.  We have one family...the familia Flores.  We set an appointment with them a couple days ago, but were unable to go.  The next day, we saw them on the streets and they were like, Hey, what happened?  When are you guys going to come back?  Wow.  Well.  Okay.   Tomorrow, I guess.

So the next day we went to their house, taught a sweet lesson, and got ready to leave.  It was about 7:30 already, and we had a long way to run to get to the next appointment.  Then it started raining.  Then it started pouring, and because we didn't have our umbrellas (well, I did) and we were getting soaked (the umbrella didn't work so well), we decided to contact a house and ask them if they'd let us in.  So I saw a house, and we took off running for it.  Well, turns out, they were members, and they made us some bean and rice soup, which I normally don't like, but theirs was very excellent.

After that, we took off running again to the appointment, and ended up teaching a very powerful lesson with this investigator named Henry.  He basically was like, "I don't feel the Holy Ghost in my wife's church and want to feel it," and "There are so many different doctrines, how do I know which one is right?"  Well, we have the answer for that.

That was basically like the epitome of [a model investigator for] the mission.  It was sweet.

Also, yesterday I went running for the first time on the mission.  I've always wanted to, it's just that no one ever wants to exercise in the morning, so I've never been able to.  But I got to go with Elder Beaton, the zone leader in Molino who was on intercambios with the assistants.  So we went running in the morning.  Man, I'm out of shape.  I hope he comes to the office or something so that I'll have someone to work out with me.

So that's the life:  working in the office, working in the field, learning a lot from the president—he's sweet.

Also, I'm going to start driving next week.

Thanks for all you guys do!

Elder Bailey

No comments:

Post a Comment