Friday, September 2, 2011

34: Independencia 1

So here I am. The office.

Monday, after writing, I had to book it down to the office so that I could get trained on my job, but I couldn't find a member to drive me down until 5, and by that time they had to leave. Tuesday he was supposed to train me too, but we also received about 12 new missionaries from the MTC and we had to prepare everything for that, so I only got about 2 hours to get trained on my job, which kind of stinks because I have a lot to do.

Wednesday we got to the office early so I could figure out my job (I had to get a report in to the Area Seventy that day and I wanted to know how), but the power was out. Then, because of the high tech security that we have here, we got locked in the office (that's not sarcasm, there actually is a security system here), until we realized that one of the bishops left his keys for another door in the building. Wow, I really wish I had brought my lock pick set with me on the mission. I'm not going to lie, there have been times where it would have come in handy. Finally, at 3 we got the power on, and I just kind of...winged my report. It all worked out in the end, but whew, I've forgotten how to use technology. The computer just feels so foreign. I've really forgotten a lot, but it's all coming back like butter now.

Speaking of which, they don't have butter here, only margarine. It's terrible. We really need to get some butter.

So the office has been really busy. I've been running around all week, and am working on very little sleep. I wanted to sleep today for P-day, but the president called us back into the office to do some stuff, so that's probably not going to happen.

Aight. So my area. I'm in an awesome ward. It's called Independencia, and it's sweet. It's right next to Palmar, and we occupy the same chapel, so that is sweet. Also, the ward is just sweet. They give us references, they work....it's awesome. Refugio really made me appreciate a good ward. This Sunday we're going to have 3 baptisms. Sweet!

My companion's name is Elder Christner, he's from Colorado. Yep, and he's not Latin. It's way weird not having a Latin companion, but it's pretty sweet. We have a lot of fun together, and we work hard. It's way cool. Also, I really need my license. Right now only one of the 4 people in the office has his license, so if you guys could send that down to me ASAP, that would be pretty sweet.

The president is awesome. I am learning so much from him. He also can play ball. He came and played basketball with us this morning and basically scored the majority of the points (part of it is that he is way tall). So yeah, life's sweet. I'm probably going to be here for about 6 months. I have to re-learn excel, access, and how to drive.

Hope everything's going well back home. Say hi to the dog for me.

Elder Bailey

No comments:

Post a Comment