Monday, August 29, 2011

33: Refugio 12

¡Buenos Días de El Salvador!

This week has been rather interesting.  The work has been slow in Refugio, but interesting.  First, I had to go back to Magdalena for interchanges (I've been there often because of the problems with some companionships.)  It was basically my second area.  It is very cool. I would like to be in an area like that.

So after a planning session on Wednesday, the president called us. Wow.  It was so intense.  Our hearts were pounding.  I figured we were getting chewed out for something.  The president told us that he wanted us to come to the office on Friday at 11:45.  We had no idea why, and I spent the whole next day (in Magdalena again) trying to figure out why.  Let´s just say I had a lot of ideas running through
my mind.

So we got there on Friday and found four other companionships there. They were some of the best missionaries in the mission, so I knew we weren't going to get chewed out.  Then the president came and told us that there was no underlying reason, he just wanted to start to get to know his missionaries.  So his wife came and they drove us to their mission house and gave us lunch.

Mmm...it was so good.  Lasagna cooked by Hermana Cordón.  It was so weird to be in a normal house...with furniture, etc.  So we ate lunch with the President and his wife, talked a bunch, and got to know each other.  It was pretty sweet.  Then after they brought us out Klondike bars, Butterfingers, and gummy bears.  Mmm.  It was good.  Then the president taught us a bit, and we left.  A little strange, I thought, but way cool.  I learned a lot from that experience.  Our President is so cool.  But that's not all that happened this week.  Just wait...

Saturday my companion got sick.  And because the members in Refugio are kind of lazy, I wasn't able to leave and preach.  Instead, I just stayed in the house, read the Bible, and talked to my companion.  So okay, nothing actually happened that day.

Then Sunday.  It was good.  We worked.  Then the night came, and we got a call from the zone leaders.  To be honest, I figured I'd probably leave after this change because no one stays in Refugio for a long time because it's really hard.  So the zone leaders told my companion the changes, and he just started laughing.  Ready?  Yep.  I just got called as the secretario de registros [records secretary].
So I'm going to return to Santa Ana and be in the same house I found 3 months ago, but as secretary.  Well.  I don't know what to thin. We'll see how it goes.  I'll get to write you all on Friday again because the P-day for the office is Friday.  So back to Santa Ana, this is going to be interesting.

So I'm leaving Refugio.  It's good, but at the same time I have made a lot of cool friends here.  Also, we never actually baptized the familia Herrera.  They just didn't want to get married.  Ójala [I hope] that one day they'll get baptized and married, because they are such a cool family.

So yeah.  I'll just keep learning.  That's what the mission is for. Learn, and help other people.

Well, that's all for now.  Enjoy life.  It's worth it.

Elder Bailey

No comments:

Post a Comment