Monday, February 7, 2011

MTC Week 4

Buenos tardes!

So I'm still enjoying the MTC.  But it feels like I've been here forever.  During class yesterday, our teacher's phone rang.  I knew what it was...but it sounded so foreign.  My companion says he's starting to feel like a fish in a cage.  But we only have one month left.  No, but for real.  It does feel really long, but I enjoy it.  I love the devotionals we have every Sunday and Tuesday.  I love learning Spanish, and I love teaching the gospel, but I wish I could teach a real investigator.  I just want to get out to El Salvador and start teaching!  But I'm not ready yet.  Our fake investigator is going well.  We challenged him to read the BOM and pray, and we'll see if he really kept his commitment tomorrow, but I suspect he will--because between me, my companion, and the Holy Ghost, I don't think he can say no.  

My companion and I teach so well together.  I taught him about rapport, we study the doctrine a lot, we are always so excited to teach, and we pray a lot.  It's great.  Plus, I always let him teach the First Vision, cause he's guaranteed to cry:)

So on Friday, Elder Pearce left.  He was one of the elders in our district.  He's going to the Spain MTC for the last month.  He's gonna do great.

Our teachers are amazing.  I learn so much from them.  Our newest teacher, Hermano Moen, has taught me so much in the past week.  He's only been off his mission for about six months now, but he is probably the best teacher I have ever had.  He is always just so excited to teach.  

I'm gaining weight.  I hit 160 last Friday.  Wow.  I'm fat.  We've come up with an amazing drink. Yesterday, my companion asked me if I could get him some milk and some Powerade.  I didn't want to let him down, so I got him some milk and Powerade in the same glass.  It was a joke, but turns out it tastes really good.  It's like blueberry milk.  Try it someday, 2/3 milk, 1/3 blue Powerade.  It will change your world.

Elder Lulla is sitting by me. He's our new zone leader.  He is a stud, and has style.  You'll probably see his face on the cover of a Nordstrom's magazine in a few years.  

I guess since I'm on my mission I should give some spiritual advice, so here it is:  pray a lot.  'Cause God answers prayers.  I'm serious.  He does.  It's impressive how good He is at it.  So have faith, and pray when you need help.  So there is a bright star in the south that we see every morning on our way to the classroom that I don't remember ever seeing before.  We're pretty sure that it's Kolob, and that you can only see it from the MTC, but I'm not totally sure.  Anyone know what it really is?

That's all I got for this week.  G'bye.

Elder Chris Bailey

No comments:

Post a Comment