Monday, February 28, 2011

MTC Week 7

So I woke up Saturday, thinking it was Wednesday.  This week has gone by so fast.

First of all, we're the oldest district now.  All the older districts are gone now.  It's a weird feeling.  We got a new district in this week.  Because we're zone leaders, we got to orientate them and teach them a couple lessons on Wednesday and Thursday.  It was a cool experience.  They have a pretty cool district.  Their district leader, Elder Willardson, is pretty cool. 

So we have 15 days left.  I can't wait to get out of here.  15 days left.  I love this place, but I'm ready to leave.  My Spanish is getting better, but yesterday I tried talking to some nativos, and realized that even though I'm the best in the class, I don't know anything.

We're feeling the spirit here a lot.  I'm learning a lot.  I'm learning a lot from being zone leader.  I like everyone.  Oh.  I got sick this week.  But I'm feeling better today.  I decided to get a blessing...turns out those work really well.   

Hopefully I'll get my travel plans this week. 

Love it here.  So my companion and I were talking yesterday.  Turns out we've both changed a lot.  That's what the MTC does for you.  It turns you into a better man. 

Yesterday, during priesthood, we learned about remembering.  Read 1 Nephi 17:45, Helaman 5:6-7, 9-14.  Remember Laman and Lemuel?  They were swift to do iniquity, and slow to remember the Lord their God (or something like that).  There is a reason we've been asked to pray morning and night, read our scriptures daily, and attend sacrament once a week.  As humans, it is so easy for us to forget.  All we have to do is start getting casual in these things, and we will begin to forget our covenants.  Like Alma said to his son Corianton, we need to cross ourselves (check ourselves) often to make sure we're not slacking off.  So, if you're reading this, think about the last week.  So make sure you're not slacking off.  Make sure you REMEMBER your covenants and why you go to sacrament every week.  Like Mufasa said once, "Remember... remember."

Elder Bailey

No comments:

Post a Comment