Friday, October 19, 2012

93: Primavera 12

October 19, 2012

Wow. Hey family. So this was a cool week. Last P-day we went and played a game with flour. So we all got really white. It was messy, but it was fun. I was talking to Elder Gealta. Man, that guy is really baggy. Seriously. Haha. I was just thinking back on the good ol' MTC days. Long time ago, right?

So E. got baptized on Sunday. I baptized her. It was good. We baptized her in the morning so that she could get confirmed right after. It was a good little baptism and very spiritual. I sang the typical baptism Primary song in English and Spanish, so that was cool too. I really enjoyed this baptism. E. has got a cool testimony. Her husband goes to another church, so it was hard for her, but she really wanted to follow God and be clean. Now we are teaching the rest of her family (except the husband...with time).

Also, I found a really sweet family that went to church, but supposedly they're moving tomorrow. Way positive. We'll see what we do with them. Then there's C. She is super positive, but just has a lot of doubts about the doctrine because she lived in an evangelical church before. But we've had some pretty cool lessons with her, especially about the BOM. We taught her 2 Nephi 2 last time. She wanted to know why bad things happened to good people. So we explained to her a bit of the Plan of Salvation, Adam and Eve, and that we are here to be tried. It was awesome to see her face as she realized why. It completely lit up. Then we talked about eternal families, and she said that she had always wondered about that, because her pastor told her that they couldn't and she always believed that they could. That lesson was sweet, seeing how her face changed. She is definitely going to get baptized. I feel like it'll take a little more time, but for sure.

I've been working hard this week, we've had a lot of interchanges. I've found a lot of new people. When I went with Palmar II, we found 9 news in one day—two families, and they are WAY POSITIVE. They both committed to go to church.

Yesterday we went to the temple. We go twice a year. Man...it was so COOL. I learned more that time at the temple than I have any other time. It was awesome. I definitely received a lot of revelation. The temple is amazing. You just feel so good when you go there. It definitely helps you have a great testimony that the Church is true.

Well, I guess I'm going to be 21 now. Time flies, doesn't it. I'm old now. Dangit.

So keep reading your scriptures and take care,

Elder Bailey

P.S. Sorry I don't have pictures, but I'm kind of hungry. I'll send them next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment