Friday, January 13, 2012

53: Independencia 20

Hello family!

It's me!

So wow. This has been a busy week.

Here we go. So as you already know, I got called to be district leader of the office, and apparently that also means I'm in charge of the office when we're in the office too. So we've got two new elders in the office right now who don't really know what they're doing, and my life has gotten hectic. Seriously, I don't think I've ever had so much responsibility and stress. I have to make sure that all the problems and projects in the office get done, as well as get good numbers in our areas. It's hectic.

On Saturday I went on interchanges with Elder Alvarado, our new zone leader (he's from Hawaii). Normally we don't do that, but this was an exception because he's been in Independencia before and wanted to contact some of his old investigators. It was a good idea. One of his old investigators is named Erica. She didn't get baptized before because she lived with her "husband" and he didn't want to get married. We tried to contact her, but she wasn't there, so I returned Monday night with Elder Ward, we taught her, and we put a date with her for the 29th. So there's one baptism! I went to church with him (Elder Alvarado) too on Sunday, and all the members remembered him. He is a really good missionary who loves to work. It was kind of cool to do an interchange.

Erica's way cool. She's got one kid and is pregnant with the second, and just wants to get baptized, which works out really well for us.

On Wednesday, I had my first district meeting. It wasn't that great, but it was my first time and I only had about 10 minutes to prepare, so it was all right. Also, I think every single phone rang at least once while we were in that meeting, and the assistants didn't even come until the last 5 minutes. So it didn't really work out.

Well, yesterday I completed one year in the mission. I'm over the hill and running. Teaching, working, learning. It's good. The mission is awesome.

Take care,

Elder Bailey

No comments:

Post a Comment