Monday, April 4, 2011

12: San Jorge 3

Wow, I'm already halfway through my first change.

So my Spanish is getting better.  I woke up Wednesday and suddenly could understand people. Mostly—at least the words I already know, which is mostly about the gospel.  So all I can really talk about is the gospel, which works out most of the time.  Also, the guanacos (El Salvadoreans) speak a kind of slang...kaliche.  So I'm pretty sure most of the words they use aren't real. I don't really like it that much.  It sounds kind a ...lame.  For instance, everyone says as a filler word.  What a dumb word.  Honestly, they sound like Hispanic sheep.  I really hope I don't start saying that.

So Wednesday we had a lesson with Nedi, and it turned out he was having a lot of doubts.  It was pretty cool because I was able to use a scripture and have him answer his questions.  Then we gave him a blessing.  It was pretty sweet because the next day he came with us to teach and taught a pretty sweet lesson about the exact thing I had taught him, then gave us hugs after.  How cute.  But seriously, it was a pretty cool experience.

This keyboard is terrible.  Also, I just ate some food that's not sitting well, so this letter's going to be short.

General conference was awesome.  I think it's like ten times better when you're on your mission.  Saturday morning we had breakfast as a zone and the zone leaders made it.  Elder Brown cooks good eggs (I only said that cause he's sitting right next to me, and I have to make a good impression), and the gringos were able to watch conference in English.  President Monson's priesthood talk was awesome.  Especially because we were exempt from it as missionaries.  But there was definitely a strong emphasis on families.  And that is totally true.  The fact that this gospel can bless families is a big part of the gospel.  Trust me, we teach it every day.  So naturally, that's going to be the thing that Satan tries to destroy the most.  People need to strengthen their families by doing gospel related activities, because the best way to come closer together as a family is by turning to God.

Well, I've had a lot of cool experiences with contacting too.  A lot of people don't like it.  I think it's a lot of fun!  That's all I've got for now.  My English and Spanish are both terrible now.  I'm trying new foods and having new experiences every day, but most importantly I am helping people come closer to God.

Till next week,
Elder Bailey

No comments:

Post a Comment