Wednesday, January 9, 2013

103: Juayua 11

Hello family,

Well, before reading this letter, I would like you to read 2 John 12. (Having many things to write unto you, I would not write with paper and ink: but I trust to come unto you, and speak face to face, that our joy may be full.)

This week has been good.  We've been working hard—we had 4 people in church again, and 2 more who got baptized after:  R. and R., the grandma and the grandkid.  It was a really cool baptism; I baptized the two of them.  Those were my last baptisms.  I guess I'll tell you a little bit more about it when I get home.

I gave my last testimony in testimony meeting this Sunday.  It was good.  I feel good now.  We have two dates in our area still, and we're going to put two more before I go home.  At least that's the goal.

On Wednesday we had the leader's meeting.  It was great.  I learned a lot about how to be a better missionary.

Well, it's been a good two years.  I've really enjoyed my time here in El Salvador, and I've learned a lot.  I've been able to develop my own personal testimony of the Savior and His atonement.  I think that out of everything that has happened in the last two years, that is the most important.  I'm grateful for Him and His church, and that I can be a part of His great work.  I'm grateful for His gospel, and for the opportunity that each one of us have to believe in Him and repent.  That's really what makes us better people.

Thanks for all the support you've given me in these last two years. I love you a lot and am excited to see you again in a couple days.  Take care, and don't do anything stupid!

With love,
Elder Bailey

No comments:

Post a Comment